We welcome input from health service providers, consumers and anyone else with an interest in Victoria's health complaints framework.
Complaint Handling Standards
We are developing a set of standards for Victorian health service providers in handling complaints, and anyone with an interest is invited to respond.
These standards aim to ensure complaints are being used to improve quality and safety in our healthcare system. There is enormous variation in the size and type of health services to these standards will apply to – from hospitals and clinics to doctors and dentists, allied health and alternative therapists.
The standards will expand on the interim standards currently in the Act and cover the key aspects of complaint handling.
HCC Service Charter
We are developing an HCC Service Charter and anyone with an interest is invited to respond.
The service charter will guide our work and clarify our service delivery commitments to all parties.
It will also explain our commitments to ensuring transparency and accountability while reflecting the guiding principles of the Act.
The closing date for responses to both consultations is 30 June 2018.
Submissions should be made to Maria McLoughlin, HCC Engagement Officer.
by email: [email protected]
by phone: 1300 582 113
by letter: Level 26, 570 Bourke Street Melbourne VIC 3000
by attending an open forum:
- Complaint Handling Standards forum (Melbourne, 5:30pm-7:30pm, 19th April)
- Complaint Handling Standards forum (Ballarat, 11:30am-1:30pm, 3rd May)
- Complaint Handling Standards forum for complaint staff (Melbourne, 11am - 1pm, 8th May)
- Complaint Handling Standards forum (Bendigo, 10am-12pm, 10th May)
- Complaint Handling Standards forum (Melbourne, 11am-1pm, 15th May) *FULLY BOOKED*
- Complaint Handling Standards forum (Geelong, 10am-12pm, 31st May)
- Complaint Handling Standards forum (Melbourne, 10am-12pm, 5th June)