This Prohibition Order is made pursuant to section 95 of the Health Complaints Act 2016 (Act).
The Health Complaints Commissioner (Commissioner) has made this Prohibition Order because the Commissioner has completed an investigation under Part 4 of the Act and is satisfied that:
- the general health service provider named below has contravened a code of conduct applying to the general health service, and
- it is necessary to make this Prohibition Order to avoid a serious risk to the health, safety or welfare of the public.
CDC Clinics Pty Ltd (ACN 109 209 921) of 1155 High Street, Armadale, must not direct, instruct or allow Cynthia Weinstein to:
- provide clinical treatment to any person;
- provide clinical advice to any person with respect to that person's clinical treatment;
- assist any person (regardless of whether that person is registered under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (Victoria) Act 2009) in providing clinical treatment to another person; or
- direct or instruct any person (regardless of whether that person is registered under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (Victoria) Act 2009) as to the clinical treatment provided, or to be provided, to another person.
For the purpose of this Prohibition Order, clinical treatment includes, but is not limited to:
- medical procedures;
- surgical procedures; and
- the administration of cosmetic injections.
This Prohibition Order takes effect on the service of the Prohibition Order on the general health service provider to whom it applies.
This order will be published in Victorian Government Gazette.