The Health Complaints Commissioner was created under the Health Complaints Act 2016. The office also administers the Health Records Act 2001.
The relevant legislation for our work includes:
- Health Complaints Act 2016
- Health Records Act 2001
- Health Records Regulations 2012
- Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014
- Freedom of Information Act 1982
- Freedom of Information (Access Charges) (Amendment) Regulations 2002
- Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006
To access the most up-to-date version of these Acts and Regulations, visit www.legislation.vic.gov.au.